Day 4 - Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."
This verse forces me to dig deep and ask myself whether I truly trust my Lord or if I try to figure life out on my own. Truthfully, I trust God completely in many aspects of my life, but for the most part, I want to do it on my own. This won't surprise any of you, but I like to be in control, especially of my own life. So letting go and trusting someone else to know me better than ME is difficult. However, I must remember that God isn't "someone else." He is a God greater that comprehension. He created me and loves me as His child more than I love my own children.
I really enjoy learning these versus and anxiously await how God will use this experience to grow my faith and maybe others along my life's path. Just this morning as I drove away from our house on my way to work, I needed to decide, "radio or scripture?" I chose scripture. It was an easy decision because I am thoroughly enjoying this experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment