Monday, December 1, 2008

Day 1 - Galatians 2:20

I am not a very self-disciplined person and this is an area of my life that I truly need to improve. Over the past several months, I have felt God telling me (more like pushing me) to jounal and memorize scripture. This year for my birthday, I requested and received an index card spiral notebook for me to write down my favorite versus and carry with me at all times. Over the weekend, I started writing down my favorite versus and also ones I've recently found. It has actually been fun.

So, my goal for this month is to memorize a new verse every day during the month of December. That means that I'll learn 31 this month and maybe I'll be disciplined enough to continue into 2009. I'm sincerely looking forward to how God will work in my life through these versus and pray that I will have the opportunity to use God's word to share Him with others and grow in my faith.

"I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." Psalm 119:11

I would love for you to join me and share how God is working in your life.

Day 1 - Galatians 2:20
"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

1 comment:

  1. A great verse to start with - Galatians 2:20 is my life verse.

    ReplyDelete