Happy Thanksgiving to all of my family and friends. This year, there is so much to be thankful for - too many to list. However, I am of course thankful for my husband and two sons, our parents and grandparents, our extended family, jobs, a home, our health, wonderful friends, and so the list goes.
However, I am most thankful for the gift of salvation. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him shall have eternal life." John 3:16. This is one of the first versus that I memorized and it has stuck with me. I am eternally grateful that God sent his son, Jesus, to this earth to die on the cross for my sins...and yours, and that I am able to have a personal relationship with Jesus.
I am forever grateful, too, that both of our sons believe in Jesus and have asked Jesus into their heart. They understand prayer and repentence and want to spend eternity in Heaven. Just tonight, my 2nd grader and I talked in depth about Jesus' love for him. He shared that he has prayed to God and told God he was sorry for biting his brother (which is another blog). That opened the door to talk about true repentence and God's amazing ability and desire to forgive us of our sins. He had so many questions about the death of Jesus. For now, I did my best to answer them, but all of his answers are in the Bible when he is able to read them.
Even as adults we have so many questions about living a Godly life. We often look at life through our adult filters and must rationalize everything. If only we could all look at faith through the innocent and trusting eyes of a child. "We live by faith and not by sight." II Corinthians 5:7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment