Monday, June 8, 2009

Middle School Church Camp

Yesterday we brought our oldest to middle school church camp. He was very excited to go and agreeably gathered up all the items to pack his suitcase (this is usually a daunting task for the both of us, but this time, he even made a list in preparation. (A boy after my own heart - I LOVE lists).

This week will be cool, wet, and muddy, but there is plenty of places for the kids to be warm and dry inside. We did pack a rain coat and umbrella, but I highly doubt he'll use them - not because he doesn't want to, but simply because he won't remember he has them in his suitcase. This may be strange, but I'm not concerned about him changing his underwear or showering everyday. Ty is a creature of habit and those items are habit for him. However, wearing a rain coat and using an umbrella are not, so I doubt he'll think to use them. I guess I'll find out on Friday when he comes home with his dirty laundry. Will it be wet or dry?

Besides the daily things, I'm praying for Ty's soul. Ty accepted Jesus into his heart at the age of 6, but as all Christians know, keeping Jesus there and living our life for Him is a daily choice. I'm praying that Ty learns to love the Lord at a deeper level and will experience a passion for Him. So often I've heard testimonies of people that accepted Christ or heard a call to serve Him while they were at church camp. I'm not sure if that is God's will for Ty's life, but if so, I pray that Ty's heart is open to Him.

Above all the rain and mud, the salvation of Ty's soul is my sincere prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment