Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My little boy...

Just like every morning, today I had the distinct priviledge of waking up our boys for school. As usual, our oldest stumbled through his "good morning" to me, but got out of bed without incident. Our youngest was extremely sleepy and cuddly (which of course is a blessing to any mother). Despite being 8 years old and nearly 65 pounds, he insists on being carried from his bed to the living room couch. I figure it won't be much longer until I physically can't lift him (as with our oldest) and he won't want to be carried.

This morning, I lingered in his room as I held him. He was very sleepy and almost melted into me as his body laid against mine. It was a bit of Heaven on earth as I felt the softness of his hair on my cheek. His arms were draped around my shoulders and neck with his legs barely wrapped around my waist. I could feel him breathe as his chest rested against mine. At that moment, he was completely dependent on me to hold him up and trusted me completely. I fell in love with him all over again.

It's moments like this morning when I thank God for blessing me with two of His children and for trusting me to be their mother. I'm also reminded of God's love for us. I know how much I love my children. I am in awe of how much God must love me. I'm going to try to remember that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment