Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to Work and School

Well, the holidays have passed and it's time to get back into a routine. I'm back at work after an 11 day vacation and the boys went back to school. None of us wanted to get up this morning. That always seems to be the toughest...just making the move to step out of a warm, cozy, soft slumber into a cold and dark reality.

Our kitten/almost cat, Zoey, is adjusting well to living with us. She is mellow and independent, but finally decided that she could hang out with us. As we watched the Vikings lose to the Eagles (which wasn't a surprise), Zoey stretched out in the middle of our living room floor and fell asleep. Then, she moved to the couch and was so relaxed that she didn't even notice that our oldest almost sat on her. Oh, the life of a cat.

For all of you pet lovers out there - you have to try the FURminator. I've brushed/combed Zoey with this several times in the past week and she barely sheds. The FURminator is a deshedding tool that is designed to remove loose hair from the undercoat but still leaves top coat intact. It's amazing how much hair I've actually pulled off that cat...and thinking I'm glad it's in the garbage and not in our house. I literally can scratch and rub her coat backwards and virtually have no hair loss. It's amazing and well worth the $50 or so bucks.

Anyway, I've used up most of my lunch hour to write this post, so I'd better get back to my cold hard reality. By the way, I still have not sent out a Christmas letter...and I'm not going to. I've decided I don't need the added stress or expense. And, I haven't loaded any pictures because I still haven't found the time to figure out my camera/memory card issue. So, text it is...

HAVE A WONDERFUL MONDAY!

2 comments: