Happy New Year to all our family and friends. Sorry I haven't posted lately but things at our house have been busy yet way too relaxing at the same time...if that's possible. I'm on vacation from work this week and totally enjoying not having the stress associated with "stuff" outside of our home.
This week's events has been filled by the newest member of our family, Zoey. We finally have a girl! She is 6 lb. 8 oz. and 9 1/2 months old with green eyes and gray and black "tiger" stripes. Yes, Zoey is a cat and we adopted her on Monday. So, we've been adjusting to the life and habits of a cat. So far, we've found Zoey to be very mellow, independent and somewhat shy. She enjoys being scratched, brushed and petted, but on her terms.
I wish I had pictures to post, but for some reason my computer isn't reading the memory card. I'll post one as soon as I figure it out.
Our New Year's Eve was fun. We went over to our friends home (ones we've met through school and sports) and ate, played Blokus, ate, talked, ate, played Wii, ate, played Guitar hero, ate...you get the idea. Although we had a great time, our oldest came down with a nasty headache and actually fell aspleep on the couch. We decided to cut the night short and get him in his own bed. We were home by 11 and sleeping by 12. The neighborhood fireworks woke us up about 12:15, but otherwise, we slept in until 8:30.
Today has been fairly uneventful...which is exactly how we like it. We don't have any plans for day, but we do have at least 5 basketball games this weekend. Both boys will be busy playing ball, my hubby will help coach, and I'll be in the bleachers doing my best to not ref the game from the sidelines.
I hope everyone is doing well. Again, I haven't sent out a Christmas/Holiday letter and I don't know if I will. I just haven't found the desire to write it yet. Maybe I can talk one of the kids into writing it...hmmmm.
Have a wonderful day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment