Monday, December 15, 2008

Day 13, Day 14 & Day 15

Day 13 - Psalm 25: 4-5
"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."

Day 14 - Psalm 119:11

"I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."

Day 15 - Psalm 141:3

"Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips."


Wow! Three days worth of verses. I didn't post all weekend because our schedule was crazy! On Saturday alone, the boys played 3 basketball games (Ty 2, Jacob 1), attended Christmas program practice, and we watched Jacob perform in his piano recital. On Sunday, we attended church, watched Ty play basketball and then went to our Christmas program at church. On top of that, the weather was gorgeous on Saturday (barely needed a coat), to bitterly cold yesterday and today. This morning, the temp is -13 degress BELOW zero with a windchill of -34 degress below. We bundled up the boys and took them to their bus stop. Thankfully, the schools won't let the children outside whenever the temp or windchill is below 0. So once they are in school, they will be warm and safe.

As I was drifting off to sleep last night and listening to the wind howl and shake our house, I thanked God for a warm, safe home that protects our family from the elements. During this time of the year, I am often reminded of the many blessings that God provides for me and my family. I pray that I am always able to see God's hand in the many big and small things in my life...and yours.

Have a warm and wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment