Day 10 - Psalm 55:22
"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall."
I really like this verse and can actually picture myself throwing my cares to God and him catching me. However, I wanted to really understand the words, so I brought out the dictionary.
Cast - 1) to cause to move or send forth by throwing (cast a fishing lure), 2) to put forth (cast light on the subject), 3) to deposit formally (to vote), 4) to throw off or away (the horse cast a shoe)
Sustain - 1) to give support or relief to, 2) to supply with sustenance (nourishment), 3) to support the weight of, 4) to carry or withstand (weight or pressure), 5)to buoy up (sustained by hope), 6) to bear up under (sustained heavy losses), 7) to support as true, legal, or just, to allow or admit as valid (the court sustained the motion)
Righteous - 1) acting in accord with divine or moral law: free from guilt or sin, 2) morally right or justifiable ( a righteous decision), 3) arising from an outraged sense of justice or morality (righteous indignation).
NOTE: the synonym for righteous is moral.
After reading through the definition for each of these words, I better understand the context and meaning for this verse. It reminds me of the old hymn "God Will Take Care of You."
Have a wonderful day - and may you cast your cares onto the Lord.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment