Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Has it really been that long?

Several times over the past month I have felt a nagging, tugging feeling of guilt to update my blog. Today I read all my entries and realized I really need to get back in the habit of writing about and sharing with you my family and my faith. So, here is my first attempt at getting back into the routine of blogging.

So much has happened since I last posted and here is the Reader's Digest version...
*Jeff and Ty have recovered from Influenza (Jacob & I are safe so far).
*Basketball season has officially begun, which means our schedules just got crazy!
*Our church has hired a new Sr. Pastor and we are enjoying the changes in our church.
*My employment continues to challenge me emotionally, mentally and spiritually. Some things never change.
*Ty is in 6th grade and LOVES middle school. He is starting to change - physically, emotionally and spiritually - and it is a joy to watch him grow.
*Jacob is in 3rd grade and still LOVES people. He is as sweet as he is feisty, and is beginning to provide us with new parenting challenges.
*Zoey (our cat) has separation anxiety and has decided that our personal items (blankets, clothes, etc) are a great place to pee! Ugh!
*Several people in my life that I love dearly are going through difficult, life-changing situations and are in desperate need of prayer.
*There were only two seasons in South Dakota this year - spring and winter. We skipped summer (which felt more like spring) and now are skipping fall. Seriously?
*Snow on my birthday (Oct. 9th) is a bit ridiculous.
*I am teaching Jacob's 3rd grade Sunday school class and have enjoyed each of the children.
*I am relearning the books of the Bible. I think I have them memorized...

There, that's enough for now. More to follow (I hope).

By the way, is anyone still checking this site? I may need to send out another link reminder, especially if I'm actually going to post. Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. So funny that I should check your site today! I was setting up an automatic notifier and was just going to put you in and happened upon a new post! Good to have you back. I need to get blogging again also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am still following you even if you don't post all the time!! hehe!! good to see you posting something! keep it up! thank you for the sweet comment on my blog. you made me cry! but they were good tears :)!

    ReplyDelete