It's probably time to update you on our cat, Zoey. We have all adjusted to the newest member of our family and she has adjusted to us. Zoey is showing signs of routine, including her favorite times, places and people for naps. We are also beginning to recognize the meanings behind her different meows.
Even though she is mellow, independent and extremely laid back, it is also evident that she is feeling very comfortable in her new home - almost too comfortable. It's only been one month, but that cat has taken over our house (or so she thinks). In fact, I've had both of the boys wake me up in the middle of the night and say, "Zoey is keeping me awake!" She has also found her way onto our kitchen counters, which is a HUGE no-no for me. However, she usually makes her way up there when we're gone or sleeping. She doesn't realize, though, that my hearing is impecable when I'm trying to catch her in the act. Last night, I finally caught her and she ran like the wind.
Even though she has her quirks, she is still a kitten at heart and is trying to find her way and learn her boundries. Zoey is fun to be around (unless she's purring like a motor in my ear at 5 AM) and has been a wonderful way for the boys to learn more responsibility. Overall, Zoey has been a great addition to our family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's so fun to hear your cat stories since we have two new ones ourselves. They have very different personalities which is kind of fun. I have a great pet/child story that I'll e-mail you as it's really long. On a bad day, it would have made me cry and lock myself in my room, but it happened on a relatively good day so I laughed my way through it. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteDo you have any pictures of Zoey?
ReplyDeleteLove it!! I think the last time we talked about her she hadn't even ventured into the kitchen yet...that you KNEW about anyway! Cats are great! Glad to see she's settled into her new castle! Makes me ready for another one....
ReplyDelete