I wrote this yesterday but finished it today. I believe it still applies...
Today is Inauguration Day, the day we swear in a new president. The day this country gets a new start (good or bad), the day political power switches from one party to the other, the day of inauguration for our first black president.
I'm sure some of you reading this never thought the day would come; some have wished and hoped for this day their entire lives. Regardless of your political affilication, this is a day in history. This is a day to remember. It is a day to put aside our political beliefs and embrace history in the making.
I wonder how much of today our children will remember. Probably not much since we won't be home for most of it. Unless they watch the inauguration in school - and I hope the do - this day will pass just like any other day.
To our children, color is irrelevant. The are surrounded by various colors, races, religions, national origins...they see the differences, but they don't feel them - at least not to the extent our grandparents felt the difference. This man is standing in a place that only 40+ men have stood. However, he is standing there as not only our president, but also a man of color. I admire him for that, if for nothing else.
I also will pray for this man and his family. Despite our political differences, I do not want this man to fail...and he is a man. As a man, he is prone to sin and will make mistakes. However, with the support of and prayer from all of us, he will succeed. And in the end, if he succeeds, we all succeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment