Friday, November 21, 2008

Seven Degrees!

Burrrr!!!! SEVEN DEGREES was the temperature on my way to work this morning. Wow, it's mornings like these when I wonder why I live in this great tundra. We bundled the boys in long sleeves, sweatshirts, winter coats and hats, and even snow pants and boots. Well, at least our 2nd grader wore his. Our 5th grader is beyond boots and snow pants.

I'll never forget the day last year when we made him wear his stocking cap to school. He grudgingly put it on, but as he walked down to the bus stop just a few houses away, he pulled off his stocker and put it into his bag. Needless to say, my hubby and I chuckled and remembered when we did the same thing. I remember wearing my "moon boots" to school, but as soon as I was on the bus, I took them off. There was NO WAY I was going to be caught in those boots. I'm sure my Mom knew, but she made me wear them anyway.

My 2nd grader, on the other hand, chose to not wear his snow pants one day when he was in Kindergarten. He shared that Jimmy, his classmate, didn't have snow pants, so he would just stay with Jimmy on the playground instead of playing on the snow piles. My heart melted and I was so proud of his compassion.

I guess we'll wait to see what else will fall upon us this winter... Maybe in January seven degrees will feel like a heat wave. Hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment