It's that time of year when everyone seems to be sick. Right now, it seems that colds, sinus infections, pink eye, and even the stomach flu are going around at work and at school. In fact, I walked into the restroom today and heard a woman being sick. Ugh! My germ-aphobia kicked in and I covered my mouth and scrubbed my hands. Then I wondered, who else had been sick that I didn't know about?? Needless to say, I've been paranoid ever since!
I know the flu shot is controversial, but I've gotten one every year for the past several years. Even though I may still come down with Influenza, and have, I find it reassuring that my chances are minimized. My boys have never received a flu shot, an thankfully they haven't gotten sick. The school is really pushing the flu shots, but I'm debating whether or not to take them in for it this year. We still have a little bit of time to decide.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whoo-hoo!! How fun to be able to keep up on the latest in the Smith house! Maybe you and Cathi will inspire me yet! :-) Thanks for sharing you!! Amy S.
ReplyDeleteGet everyone small bottles of hand sanitizer and insist on constant hand washing. That will reduce your risk of getting the flu virus by up to 50%. (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/10/081027155907.htm)
ReplyDeleteThat is as effective or more effective than the flu vaccine's 0% to 70% effectiveness. Plus you are avoiding the short term immunosuppression and the possible long term affects.
As with most parenting decisions, there are no correct answers just concerned parent guesses.
Love the blog!
Your overly outspoken brother-in-law:)
Paul
You don't really want to know my feelings on vaccinations, do you Jolene????? :-P You don't really want me to go into all the mercury, etc. that's in those vaccinations we get and give to our children, do you? You don't really want me go into how they feel that Rachel's vaccinations may have caused her cancer and therefore her death, do you? I didn't think so ....
ReplyDeleteAs for me and my children, another vaccination will never happen again in this household. I think it's Joshua 24:15 that says, "As for me and my house, we will get no vaccinations." Oh, whoops! Guess that's WE WILL SERVE THE LORD!!! And we will!!! :-)
God's blessings, love, and peace to you--
Jodi
Paul meet Jodi...Jodi, my brother Paul.
ReplyDeleteJeff - Your comment made me laugh. Very nice.
ReplyDeleteJodie - You sound very wise.